Saturday, January 14, 2006

How (Not!) to Avoid Buying a Competely Useless Pony! (Small White Useless One)

FRIEND ON YARD: "D'you wanna pony?"

ME: "Nope."

FRIEND: "But I can't keep her...she'll have to go to the sales or something...!"

ME: "Sorry to hear that but I really can't have ANY more!"

FRIEND: "But her poor aged field companions will miss her...& be all alone..."

ME: "Nothing I can do...sorry!"

FRIEND: "...& be REALLY sad...& pine away"

ME: "I absolutely do NOT want a pony of ANY kind & certainly not a barely broken Welsh sec A that I can't even do anything with!"

FRIEND: "Oh go on...pleeeease...I know YOU'LL look after her!"

ME: "Definitely NOT...I'm really sorry!"

10 second pause......

FRIEND: "So, d'you want to take her straightaway...?"

At this point, I am still shaking my head but somehow find myself feebly muttering...

ME: "Well, you'd better stick her headcollar over there then, with the others...!"

Pony (which was free!) came with a headcollar, an attitude & an in-hand bridle, (which I suspect is worth slightly more than the pony!) & several months later, is our lovely, super cute & highly huggable......Small White Useless One!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?